Shake, Shake Baby

Once at a Cramps show in Philadelphia at a renovated burlesque club called the Trocadero I caught a pre-show song playing over the PA prior to The Cramps taking the stage.  It was some 1960's garage rocker that kept repeating Shake, Shake Baby.  When I returned home I was on a mission to find the artist so I posted my dilemma on the Garagepunk.com forum and received my answer.  The song was Shake, Shake Baby by The American Teens released in March 1966 on Pennsylvania's Swan record label (Swan 4246).



The most interesting and coolest information about this song is that it was produced by F.L. Wray Sr., composed by Vernon Ray & arranged by non other than Link Wray himself.  Other than an eye for talent I often wonder if there is another connection between the two but since I know nothing about The American Teens (biographically) the connection will remain a mystery.

If anybody knows more about this band I would love to hear about it.

The American Teens - Shake, Shake Baby



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B.B. Cunningham Jr. - Electrode

Bill Carter & The Rovin' Gamblers - Baby Brother

The Oracle Of Cool